French MayonnaiseFrom noir 6 years ago
- - 1 egg yolk shopping list
- - 1 pinch of salt shopping list
- - 1 pinch of ground white pepper shopping list
- - 1 tablespoon of hot mustard paste shopping list
- - 1 dash of vinegar shopping list
- - 6 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (or oil of your choice) shopping list
- Options: Additional spices to alter the taste according to what you'd like to use it for and taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Put in a bowl in the following order: yolk, salt, pepper, mustard, vinegar.
- Whip vigorously with a small whisk (a fork or tablespoon will do), gradually incorporating the oil a dash at a time.
- Please note : ingredients and bowl must be at room temperature, and try to use the best oil as possible, it makes a difference! Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating9 people
Homemade mayo makes a huge difference. BTW, made your prime rib again yesterday and it was a hit! Thanks!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Hey Noir... If I eat this will I speak French?
I love home made mayos... and this is a great combo... Thankslinebb956 in La Feria loved it
Yes indeed. Thank you Noir.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it