Sticky date cheesecakeFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 1 cup (170g) dried dates, pitted, chopped shopping list
- ¾ cup (180ml) water shopping list
- 3x250g packets cream chees, softened shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2/3 cup (150g) granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1tsp molasses shopping list
- ¼ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ tsp cloves shopping list
- ¼ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- ½ cup (40g) flaked almonds shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar and cinnamon mixture shopping list
- Topping (optional): shopping list
- caramel sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a 23cm spring form tin. Line the base and side with baking paper.
- Combine dates and water in a saucepan; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Strain the dates and cool.
- Preheat oven to 160C / 350 F. Beat cheese in a large bowl until smooth, add egg and beat. Add sugar and molasses and beat until combined. Add spices and beat again. Fold in dates. Pour mixture into tin. Sprinkle with almonds and sugar cinnamon mixture . Bake about 1 hour, or until firm. Cool in oven with door ajar. Top with caramel sauce if you desire.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating14 people
That looks so beauriful, my friend and smells good too...LOL! I love dates and love the flavors in this. Thank you so much! Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
thanks for another unusual recipe love dates always have them in my home,my kids love to snack on them!!never tried them in a cheesecake though...will definitely try it
have yourself and your family a blessed day!!!
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Mmm that is simply fantastic. I wanted to bake these days something with dates, well now I know what. Thanks for this great post.chriesi in Zuerich loved it