My Familys Strawberry PieFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 cup of crushed strawberries shopping list
- 1 pint of the finest pretty strawberries shopping list
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tsp of butter shopping list
- 1 cup of sugar shopping list
- 4 tbsp of confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream shopping list
- pie crust ingredients: shopping list
- 2-3 oz. pkg of cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 lb. of butter shopping list
- 3 cups of sifted flour shopping list
How to make it
- Blend softened cream cheese, butter.
- Add flour with the pastry blender, then mold into a small ball.
- Chill at least one hour. Divide in half.
- Roll one half into a 10 inch round.
- Line a 9 inch pie pan.
- Prick with a fork and blind bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool and fill.
- Mix one cup of crushed berries, cornstarch, butter and sugar.
- Cook over low heat until thick and glossy. Cool.
- Line the bottom of the cooled crust with the nicest juiciest berries.
- Pour the cooked sauce over the top of the pie and let cool.
- Just before serving, whip one cup of cream with 4 tbsp of confectioners sugar and spread over the top of the pie.
- Slice several strawberries on top as garnish.
- Make two pies, you will have enough dough for an extra crust.
- Extra dough can be frozen in a zipper sealed bag for a month, allow to defrost and roll with a touch of flour and a pinch of confectioner's sugar.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating7 people
i love strawberry pie.... well truth be told almost any pie is my favorite... but strawberry is up there at the top of the list..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
What an art!! The idea in the crust is so different and unique..I wish I could see how it looks..Thanks for a great posting.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Oh I can almost taste it right now, great post an our strawberry season is upon us shortly. Will make this one. Got my 5henrie in Savannah loved it