Scalloped Potatoes With Three CheesesFrom auntybea 8 years ago
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced thin shopping list
- 1 cup (packed) grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (packed) crumbled Danish blue cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup (packed) freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 4 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 3 cups whole milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly butter a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Mix cheeses in a small bowl.
- Arrange half of the potatoes in the baking dish, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper. Sprinkle the onion over the top and then the flour.
- Dot with 2 tbsp. butter.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over top.
- Top with remaining potatoes, the remaining salt and pepper and the remaining 2 tbsp. of butter.
- Reserve the remaining cheese.
- Pour milk over the potatoes.
- Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover the dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for approximately another 45 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the cheese is deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes prior to serving.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating5 people
The introduction of blue cheese into the cheese mixture makes a wonderful and different taste. Very delicious, rich and comforting. Great share - thanks so much. You get a 5 from me...lunasea in Orlando loved it
Mmmmmm Potato "Three Cheers"!!
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Wow, these potatoes sound wonderful! I can just imagine them served with a good ham! Yum...Thanks for sharing.gardenladyzoe in Snyder loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!