Black Bean Salad with CouscousFrom sunny 10 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked couscous shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 8 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup seedless green grapes chopped in half shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed shopping list
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2 quart or larger sauce pan and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn, grapes and beans and toss to coat.
- Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
People Who Like This Dish 35
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating9 people
My Pappa loves beans (as we all do) but he is the King here! Thanks for the post.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I'm right there with Conner. I like couscous as well. Lately we have switched to Quinoa which is a lovely grain and full of nutrients. Great for people with allergies. I'm going to try your recipe but with Quinoa and I know it will taste just as gooo...morelor in Toronto loved it
I will have to try this next week, thanks!princesa9580 in ******* loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!