Condensed Cream Of Anything Soup MixFrom oldgringo 8 years ago
How to make it
- Mix these ingredients in a blender or processor to thoroughly distribute the ingredients evenly. Store in an airtight container.
- Use the mix as a replacement for any "condensed cream of" soup.
- To make a cup of "condensed cream of" soup, beat 1/3 cup of the dry mix into 1 cup of water, wine, stock* or milk, using a sauce pan or double boiler. Use more or less dry mix, depending on the thickness desired. Then cook on low heat or in a double boiler, stirring until the soup thickens as you desire.
- Adjust the seasoning and use as any "condensed cream of" soup. Also makes great cheese sauces or gravy, using pan drippings, deglazed with stock or water.
- * Note: Experiment to your heart's content. Design your own "condensed cream of" soup mix. Any dry base you desire may be used to give the mix a particular flavor. Bases and powders abound, mushroom powder, tomato base, vegetable base, beef base, cheddar cheese powder and white cheese powder, etc. You may use other finely ground herbs also, like oregano, cumin, chile ancho or any of your favorites. When you make the soup you can use different stocks, shrimp, chicken, beef, tomato sauce, etc. to create a certain flavor of the sauce. Just don't add salt until the very last thing. Many of the bases contain salt.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating9 people
This is great to keep on hand in the kitchen. Thanks!luvshk in Republic loved it
Thank-you so much . This is great to have. I like many of the recipes using the cream soups but hate all the garbage that goes along with them, high sodium, preservatives etc.grandmommy in Nashville loved it
Thanks for this post. It is a great kitchen must have. Love the alternative to sodium laden cans.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it