Seared Beef Over Fresh SobaFrom danadooley 9 years ago
- 4 beef brisket fingers each weighing about 80 gm shopping list
- 4 tsp light soy sauce (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 tsp roasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 400 gm fresh soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles) shopping list
- 2 tbs black sesame seeds shopping list
- 2 tbs white sesame seeds shopping list
- 4tbs bottled Tempura Sauce (or to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Season the beef with light soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar. Rub in till marinade is absorbed.
- Combine sesame seeds on a plate and coat beef completely with them, pressing in seeds so they stick on beef.
- Heat a pan on stove and when very hot and smoking, put beef in a single layer. After about 30 seconds, flip pieces over. Press down on beef , cooking for another 30 seconds or so. Turn off heat and remove beef from pan.
- Cool beef slightly. While waiting, boil a small pot of water. Fill a large bowl with iced water. When pot boils, blanch noodles only long enough for them to loosen. Drain noodles and dip in a bowl of iced water. Drain well and season to taste with Tempura Sauce.
- Slice beef thinly.
- Put some seasoned noodles on a plate on in a bowl and top with sliced beef. Garnish with shredded scallions, grated ginger or a squeeze of wasabi paste, if you like. Serve.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookdanadooley Singapore, SG
The Rating10 people
Beef sounds good, I never heard of buckwheat noodles, but they are on my sons restricted diet list I will definately be looking for them. THANKSprincesa9580 in ******* loved it
Oh gosh, I wish I had a dish of this right now. Sounds so good! Great post:)chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
I have to try this.. Will have to use a leaner meat.. as the brisket here is way to fatty... Sirloin would work.. right? I know I will love the flavors!linebb956 in La Feria loved it