Pickled Gator TongueFrom danadooley 8 years ago
- 600 gm peeled aloe vera flesh, cut into large cubes, soak 10 minutes in water to remove slime, then drain well shopping list
- 4 large fresh mottled chilies, slit and deseeded, leave whole shopping list
- 6 pandan leaves, cut into short lengths (if unavailable omit) shopping list
- 1 and 3/4 of a cup sugar shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 of a cup vinegar shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 of a cup water shopping list
- 1/2 of a cup salt (1/4 of a cup for a sweeter pickle) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil together pandan leaves, sugar, vinegar, water and salt till sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Turn off heat and cool liquid completely.
- Divide aloe cubes and chilies evenly between 2 (approx 400ml capacity) clean dry glass jars with glass or plastic lids. Remove pandan leaves from cool liquid and fill jars to the top with it.
- Screw caps on securely and refrigerate for 3 days before using.
- Keeps for 1 month, refrigerated. Snack on the aloe cubes if you're trying to lose weight - they really stop your appetite in it's tracks.
The Cookdanadooley Singapore, SG
The Rating7 people
The curiosity got the best of me. Hee, hee. You are one interesting gal with great and unique ideas. Kinda of like some kind of wonderful "guru." Keep up the magnificent job.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
You rascally cutie - you totally got me! I was thinking...oh myyyy...gator tongue. Dana?! Hehehehe! Interesting recipe indeed. Thanks so much! *hugs*lunasea in Orlando loved it
YOU GOT ME TOO! lol What a great concept! What do you soak the Aloe Vera in? Water? I use the Aloe Vera plant for burns.. I have a plant in my window... hugsssssssss
you got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Newbie Foodies98 members
Anything Goes289 members
South East Asian14 members
Simple Vegan169 members
Asian Foods237 members
Homemade Condiments And Sauces200 members
We Like It HOT66 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Lets Get Pickled38 members