Sour Cream-banana BarsFrom chihuahua 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar (I use a little less) shopping list
- 1 Cup sour cream (I use Light) shopping list
- 1/2 Cup margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups mashed bananas (about 3 Large, ripe) shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 Cup chopped nuts shopping list
- Browned butter Frosting: shopping list
- 1/3 Cup margarine or butter shopping list
- 3 Cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- About 2 Tbs. milk shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 X 1-inch.
- Mix sugar, sour cream, margarine and eggs in a large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 1 minute.
- Beat bananas and vanilla on low speed 30 seconds.
- Beat in flour, salt, and baking soda (I like to have this already mixed in a seperate bowl ready to add to the mix) on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in nuts.
- Spread dough in pan.
- Bake until light brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool; frost with Browned Butter Frosting.
- Cut into bars, about 2 X 1 1/2 inches.
- Brown Butter Frosting:
- Heat margarine over medium heat until delicate brown.
- Mix in powdered sugar. (For best results, use a whisk.)
- Beat in vanilla and milk until smooth and of spreading consistency.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating7 people
My knees were turning to jello as I read this *sigh* sounds so good and not a drop of chocolate in it- now that's rare for me lol Great one - gets my 5.danadooley in Singapore loved it
this recipe sounds really good! thanks for posting!magali777 in Mexico loved it
thanks,my friend for sharing ----------yummy love bananas in anything :}
have a blessed day
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!