Lasagna SoupFrom kathye 6 years ago
- 1 lb ground italian sausage shopping list
- 2 cups onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup carrot, diced shopping list
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced (optional) shopping list
- 2 T. garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can chopped Italian-style stewed tomatoes (14 1/2 oz) shopping list
- 1 cup mafalda (mini lasagna) pasta or campenelle or bow ties shopping list
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, diced shopping list
- parmesan cheese and sprigs of fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Brown sausage in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and carrot; saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and garlic, and saute another 3 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta and simmer until cooked, about 10 minutes (or according to package directions).
- Add the spinach and cook about 1 minute, or until wilted.
- To serve, place cubes of mozzarella in each serving bowl, then ladle soup over and let sit briefly to melt the cheese.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan and a sprig of basil.
The Cookkathye MD
The Rating7 people
Yummmm! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it
I second that Yummmmm, sounds fabulous. You got my 5 also. Thanks for the great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
This looks fantastic, the combo of fresh vegetables and italian sausage is a sure winner. Love your picture. Thank you
Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it