TWICE BAKED YUKON GOLD POTATO WITH GOAT CHEESE and RosemaryFrom trigger 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- Eight 6 to 8-ounce yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and dried shopping list
- 5 1/2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet), crumbled shopping list
- ½ cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives shopping list
- *Optional ¼ cup fresh beacon bits shopping list
How to make it
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 375°F. Rub oil over potatoes. Place directly on oven rack; bake until very tender, about 45 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool 10 minutes. Using oven mitts, grasp 1 potato in hand; cut potatoes in half, Using spoon, scoop out potato, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shell Repeat with remaining potatoes. Transfer potato flesh to large bowl. Place potato shells back on baking sheet and return hot oven while preparing filling so they will give a nice crispy shell.
- Mash potatoes until smooth. Mix in cheese, then Buttermilk, butter, and chives, Fresh rosemary and Beacon Bits if desired, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon about 3/4 of potato mixture into shells, dividing evenly. Transfer remaining potato filling to pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe filling atop potatoes; place potatoes on baking sheet.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F. Bake potatoes until filling is heated through and tops brown, about 20 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating11 people
Oh my, these look and sound fabulous. Thanks for the post. I will be baking these tomorrow.chefmeow in Garland loved it
These look awesome!!!Love potatoes this way..pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Wow - Do these sound good. Thank-you so much!soupshell in Peoria loved it
I Like Food83 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Fall Dishes39 members
Eating Seasonally53 members
Family Favorites141 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
Tried And True Recipes40 members
Companys Coming115 members
Nostalgic Recipes104 members
The Unbroken Circle44 members