Killer Mashed PotatoesFrom chefjeb 7 years ago
How to make it
- Wash and scrub potatoes.
- Eye and partially peel and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Pieces should be unform size. (option, leave all skin on or fully peel)
- Season water with salt and garlic and simmer. Do not boil
- when potatoes are fork tender (do not overcook, this will develop starch and result in gummy potatoes) reserve one cup potato water and then drain in collendar.
- Place butter in potatoes, season with pinch of white pepper or black pepper and mash with potato masher. Add warmed cream slowly until desired consistency is reached. If you use it all and If more liquid is needed, add reserved potato water.
- Variations: You may add chives or roasted garlic or if gravy is not being used, add grated cheese. Some prefer white pepper others black. If using white, remember a little goes a long way. It's just food, experiment and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 60
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating12 people
this recipe was wonderful-- that's coming from an irish girl! i used it as a base and altered it to include cranberries (for a competition w/ my husband). so i boiled the potatoes with half cranberry juice and half salted water with a half a bag of c...morebriee in Bennington loved it
Wonderful mashed potatoes! Thank you!! Will def make again!jlophoenixrising in Riley loved it
Oh, Wow! These are perfect!!
Sunneesunnee2000 in Portland loved it