Beer-battered French FriesFrom henrie 9 years ago
- 2 large potatoes (russets are best for french fries) shopping list
- 2 whole eggs shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn starch shopping list
- pinch salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 (12oz) bottle favorite beer shopping list
- milk enough to soak fries shopping list
- flour enough to dredge fries shopping list
- oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the beer and eggs mixing constantly. If the mixture seems too thick, adjust consistency by adding more beer or some water. Allow to rest at least one hour before using.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into fries. Soak in milk.
- Coat fries in the additional flour so the batter will adhere better to fries.
- Fill frying pan will oil (enough to complete cover fries). Heat oil to
- approximately 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dip fries in batter and drop in oil. Cook until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to dry.
- Variations: The same procedures will work well with shrimp, other
- vegetables, chicken strips or your own creations.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating12 people
OH I LOVE THESE FIRST TRIED THEM IN BRANSON, MISSOURI AT A FRIENDS HOUSE VERY DIFFERENT BUT GOOD FORGOT ABOUT THESE THANKS ILL BOOKMARK THISminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Great post henrie. Sounds great! One beer for the recipe and one for the cook, right?!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
Got my 5 I love these looks so good I will bookmark these also.
Have a great evening!!!!
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it