Curried Scallop CakesFrom lunasea 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh sea scallops, cut into 1/4-inch pieces shopping list
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks shopping list
- 3 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)* shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Mix first 9 ingredients and 1 1/2 cups panko in large bowl to blend. Cover mixture and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place remaining 2 cups panko on large plate. Form scallop mixture into balls, using 1 heaping tablespoon for each. Coat in panko, flattening slightly.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat to come 1/4 inch up sides of pan.
- Working in batches, sauté scallop cakes until golden and cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Transfer scallop cakes to paper towels to drain.
- **Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Reheat on baking sheet in 350°F oven 8 minutes.
- Transfer scallop cakes to platter.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating10 people
Never had this or anything close. Sounds exceptionally yummy. Love cilantro and curry...
Thanks for another winner Vicky. Also thanks for your comments on the pear salad. Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Vickie, I think we were given out identical taste buds at birth. This sounds awesome. All I can say is the people in your house are mighty lucky to have you! My 5 to you again.
Denisegrandmommy in Nashville loved it
Another hit! How do you do it? I'm certainly anxious to try these. Will any bread crumbs do? Thanks for sharing dear.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!