Three Cheese Polenta With Sauted ShiitakesFrom danadooley 8 years ago
- 4 1/2 cups water, more if needed shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups coarse or medium cornmeal shopping list
- 5 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta shopping list
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps cut into 3/4-inch slices shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil. Add the cornmeal in a slow stream, whisking constantly. Whisk in 3 tablespoons of the oil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon,until the polenta is thick, about 20 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan. Remove from the heat but cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, mascarpone, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Put in the refrigerator.
- In a large frying pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil with the butter over moderately high heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and 1/4teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are golden, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley and pepper.
- Stir the polenta. It should be thick but still pourable. If it’s too thick, stir in more water. You may need as much as a cup. Using a large spoon or a medium ice-cream scoop, put three mounds of the cheese mixture onto each of four plates.
- Ladle the hot polenta over the mounds of cheese and top with the mushrooms. Serve.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookdanadooley Singapore, SG
The Rating9 people
Sounds very good. I like anything with mushrooms.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Good heavens - how luscious and pretty are they? I'm going to make these for a special meal I'm planning. Oh yeah....yumm. Thanks, Dana hon...you've now become part of my party.lunasea in Orlando loved it
I love Polenta!! this sounds fantastic!! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!