La Bete Noire - The Black BeastFrom lunasea 8 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 9 tablespoons (1 stick plus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, diced shopping list
- 18 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped 6 large eggs shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- Ganache: shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 8 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- For Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 10-inch-diameter springform pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment round; butter parchment.
- Wrap 3 layers of heavy-duty foil around outside of pan, bringing foil to top of rim.
- Combine 1 cup water and sugar in small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- Add chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk sugar syrup into chocolate; cool slightly.
- Add eggs to chocolate mixture and whisk until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place cake pan in large roasting pan. Add enough hot water to roasting pan to come halfway up sides of cake pan.
- Bake cake until center no longer moves when pan is gently shaken, about 50 minutes. Remove from water bath; transfer to rack. Cool completely in pan.
- For Ganache:
- Bring whipping cream to simmer in small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over top of cake still in pan. Gently shake pan to distribute ganache evenly over top of cake.
- Refrigerate cake in pan until ganache is set, about 2 hours.
- **Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.
- Run knife around pan sides to loosen cake; release sides.
- Cut cake into wedges and serve with whipped cream.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating18 people
WOW!, Lunasea. I was ready to go to bed until I saw this rich chocolaty dream cake. I don't suppose the local convenient store will have this for a quick fix.vino4dino in Baltimore loved it
Absolutely decadent....love it!nlo209 in Toronto loved it
ohhhhh wow sounds very yummy a chocolate rush thanks vickieminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!