Fresh Tomato SoupFrom zena824 9 years ago
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and quartered, or one 14 1/2 ounce can tomatoes cut up. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 of a 6 oz can of tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lime juice or lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- Few dashes of louisiana hot sauce shopping list
- Snipped fresh clinatro or parsley (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- If desired you can seed the tomatoes.
- In a large saucepan combine fresh or undrained tomatoes, water,
- onion, celery, tomato paste, parsley or cilantro chopped.
- Add bouillan granules, lime juice, sugar, and hot sauce.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until celery is tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Place half of the tomato mixture in a food processer and blend until smooth.
- Repeat with other half of mixture.
- Return to pan and reheat.
- Serve hot or served chilled.
- Garnish with extra cilantro or parsley
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating8 people
Good soup. Raided my garden for some fresh black prince heirloom tomatoes and had to use some of them to make the tomato paste. Notice you didn't call out any salt and pepper. Didn't need it anyhow.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
I love this... it is wonderful!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
This sounds terrific love the cilantro .
Five forks and a big smile :)trigger in loved it