Sauted Green Beans With Smoked Paprika And AlmondsFrom trigger 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika shopping list
- 3 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends snapped off, beans cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 - 2 teaspoons juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Combine butter, paprika, and garlic in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until just smoking. Add beans, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until spotty brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Add water, cover, and cook until beans are bright green and still crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Remove cover, increase heat to high and cook until water evaporates, about 1 minute.
- Add butter mixture and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until beans are crisp-tender, lightly brown, and beginning to wrinkle, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Transfer green beans to serving bowl, toss with lemon juice and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating10 people
Beautiful Maravigioso!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Thanks for the great post you got my 5 and I have been looking for a good bean recipe will have this some time.
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
Great recipe, dear Michael, and one I will use this weekend with some grilled salmon fillets and grilled corn on the cob. It's like you read my mind and knew I need a stand-out green bean recipe. Thank you so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Whole Foods142 members
Basic Essentials57 members
30 Minute Meals13 members
Eat Enjoy Your Veggies51 members
Cooking To Prevent Or Beat Cancer41 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members
Traditional Everyday Food23 members
Consume Those Beans78 members
You Are What You Eat56 members