Toffee Caramel Angel Food DessertFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 1 jar caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream (or see NOTE in Directions) shopping list
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 angel food cake shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) bag toffee bits (1/2 a pkg is reallly plenty) shopping list
- 1/2 jar hot fudge ice cream topping, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Whip the heavy cream until it begins to thicken. Slowly add ¾ of the jar of ice cream topping and the vanilla, beating until it becomes thick enough to hold up as a spread.
- Cube angel food into bite size pieces and place in 9x13 pan.
- Pour whipped cream mixture over angel food pieces; drizzle remaining caramel sauce over whipped cream topping. If desired, drizzle some hot fudge sauce over the caramel layer (you will need to soften the hot fudge in the microwave first, but don't drizzle it over the caramel layer until it has cooled enough not to melt everything). Sprinkle toffee bits over the top.
- Chill several hours to allow topping to sink into and around the angel food pieces.
- NOTE: You can use cool whip instead of whipping the heavy cream - just gently stir the caramel sauce into the cool whip. The fresh whipped cream is my favorite, but if you need a shortcut, the cool whip works fine.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
This should get you arrested! OMG my teeth hurt now! Have to save this one, I could bribe people with this!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Yeah, the leftovers from this after Gus's baptism party lasted, oh...about 10 seconds! Good stuff, good stuff.irishmama in Chesterfield loved it
Krum this is outright cruel and unusal punishment....and I LOVE it!! :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it