Jelly Roll MeatloafFrom luvshk 8 years ago
- 2 lbs lean hamburger shopping list
- 1/2 chopped yellow onion shopping list
- 1/2 chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 slices bread, torn into small pieces shopping list
- garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste ( I never measure ) shopping list
- a few shakes of Worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 pkgs Carl Buddig (or similar brand) chopped, pressed deli-thin ham shopping list
- Approximately 12 slices American cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients except the deli-thin ham and cheese together with your hands - don't over mix or hamburger will get tough.
- On a long piece of wax paper or foil, pat the meatloaf mixture into a rectangle about 11 1/2" x 22".
- Place the deli-thin ham slices on the meatloaf to cover, slightly overlapping edges.
- Place the cheese slices over the ham and leave some area between the cheese slices, you may need to cut some slices in half. - Check the picture. Leave extra room with no cheese or ham at short end of meatloaf.
- Using the wax paper or foil, start rolling from one end as you would a jelly roll.
- Roll slowly and press together as you roll.
- Smooth out the final seam and pinch the ends together.
- Place in a 13" x 9" pan or a loaf pan
- Cook at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Some of the cheese will leak out of the meatloaf, but it's really good spooned back on the slices.
The Cookluvshk Republic, MO
The Rating11 people
I love this. Yummy, nice with the goodies rolled inside.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I have had this.. Years ago. Thanks Lisa..
I am making tomorrow...linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Oh yes! I haven't thought of this for years...LOVE IT! I did mention it to steve once and he wrinkled up his nose...then you posted this and I showed him the pics...will be making this weekend. brahahaha!
mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it