Shrimp BasilFrom frankieanne 9 years ago
- 1 pound uncooked pasta, any variety (I used angel hair) shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 garlic clove minced (I used two) shopping list
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (white and green parts - I used two bunches) shopping list
- 3 large roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped basil shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. (I made the "sauce" while the pasta cooked.)
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Add green onions, tomatoes, basil, butter and remaining olive oil.
- Make a well in the center of the skillet. Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 3 minutes (I turned them over halfway through cook time). Do not stir. When shrimp are cooked, stir once and cook one minute longer.
- Arrange pasta on a serving platter and spoon shrimp and vegetables on top. Sprinkle with salt; toss gently. Top with additional chopped basil, if desired.
- (370 calories per serving, 14g fat, 18g protein, 43g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 370mg sodium)
The Cookfrankieanne Somewhere, Else
The Rating7 people
Sounds Great. I can't wait to try this one.
Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
This was great FA and a wonderful way to use up some basil! More in the IMI --------> Shrimp Basil
4/13/15mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
I made this tonight and it was very good. I wanted to reduce the calories, so I omitted the butter and reduced the olive oil by half. I squirted fresh lemon juice on it before serving. Very healthy recipe, will definitely make this again.lnbee in Oak Park loved it