Chocolatey Peanut Butter FingersFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter flavored crisco shortening ( plus additional for greasing pan. shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup all- purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked oats shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 ( 6 ounce ) pkg of semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons evaporated milk shopping list
- milk chocolate English toffee bits, or heath candy bar broken up small shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch glass baking dish with the shortening
- FOR COOKIE BASE;.....................
- combine shortening, sugar, and brown sugar, egg and water in a large bowl; beat at medium speed on mixer until well blended.
- beat in 1/3 cup of peanut-butter, and vanilla.
- combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt. add gradually to cream mixture at low speed on mixer.beat until well blended. spread in greased baking dish.
- bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light -brown and center is just set.
- DO NOT OVER-BAKE............
- remove from pan and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips, let stand for 5 minutes or untilchips become shiny and soft,then spread to cookie. cool slightly.
- cut into bars about 2x1-3/4 inches. cool completely.
- FOR DRIZZLE AND TOPPING...................
- combine powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons peanut-butter and evaporated milk, stir intil well blended; drizzle over chocolate bars, and sprinkle with toffee bits.........
- yields 2- 1/2 dozen
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating9 people
Oh my! I want these NOW!! Sounds decadent!
Thanks for sharing.
jett2whit in Union City loved it
Oh my, these sound wonderful. I bet it be hard to stop eating them!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Yummo. These look and sound fantastic. Great post, you've got my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it