Strawberry PieFrom blueeyes68ky 5 years ago
How to make it
- Crush fresh berries. Mix together the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the cold water. Add the crushed berries.
- Boil 3 to 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and cooked through.
- Remove from the stove.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter (or margarine)
- few drops red food coloring
- Place in refrigerator to cool throughly.
- When cool, add enough whole fresh berries to fill your baked pie crust (about two cups) folding them carefully into the above mixture.
- Place pie in the refrigerator to set.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating6 people
Yum! This sounds like the strawberry pie from Shoneys!! Love it and thanks for sharing.
Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds wonderful! I have never tried the food coloring in them.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Used to get a strawberry pie like this in Redlands, CA at a bakery. It is to die for. Thanks for your post. Cheers! DottieTdottiet in Woodward loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
A Slice Of Pie125 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Sweet Suite158 members
FROM SCRATCH145 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice76 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members
Pies Pies Everywhere Is Pies45 members