Numex Green Chile SauceFrom jimrug1 7 years ago
- 4 lbs fresh green New Mexico Chiles Or Anaheim Chiles with 3 or 4 jalapenos or Serranos. shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, roasted, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 4 Tsps toasted oregano rubbed between the fingers. (not too fine) shopping list
- 1 ½ Tsps toasted and ground cumin shopping list
- 2 Tsps salt. shopping list
How to make it
- On a grill or under the broiler, roast the Chiles until the skin is blistered and black all over. Place in a paper or plastic bag to sweat and cool. Peel off black skin without rinsing (to preserve the oils). Remove seeds. Place in the food processor with remaining ingredients. Pulse into a chunky paste. Not pureed. Warm before serving.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating12 people
ok and make sure you wash your hands before touching your face! Ouch
Thanks for such a great recipe Jim.
Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds super delicious and wonderful. I adore green chiles, so I cannot wait to give this a spin. Another great recipe - thanks, Jim hon!
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Okay, I think the best Mexican dish I ever had was made with this sauce. It was beef with a green chili sauce. I think I might be able to make something similar to it now that I have this recipe! Thx, Jim!auntybea in Vernon loved it