Garlicky Shrimp With Buttered Bread CrumbsFrom silverqueen 6 years ago
- 1 (3") piece baguette, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into 5 pieces shopping list
- 1 small shallot, minced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 2 lb. extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 2/3 cup bottled clam juice shopping list
- 2 tsp. juice from one lemon, plus 1 lemon, cut into wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Pulse bread in food processor until coarsely ground, you should have a bout 1 cup crumbs.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in 12" nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- When foaming stops add crumbs, shallot, 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- Cook stirring occasionally until golden brown. 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp. parsley and transfer to plate to cool.
- Wipe skillet with paper towels.
- Thoroughly dry shrimp with paper towels, toss with sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a bowl.
- Return skillet to high heat, add 2 tsp. oil and heat until simmering.
- Add half of the shrimp in single layer and cook until spotty brown and edges turn pink, about 3 minutes (do not flip shrimp).
- Remove pan from heat and transfer shrimp to large plate.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining 2 tsp. oil and shrimp, transfer shrimp to plate.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add 1 Tbsp. butter.
- When melted add garlic and pepper flakes, cook , stirring frequently until garlic just begins to color, about 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium high and slowly whisk in sherry and clam juice.
- Bring to simmer and cook until mixture reduces to 3/4 cup, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining 3 Tbsp. butter, 1 Tbsp. at a time.
- Stir in lemon juice and remaining Tbsp. parsley.
- Reduce heat to medium low return shrimp to pan and toss to combine.
- Cook covered until shrimp are pink and cooked through 2 to 3 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs.
- Serve with lemon wedges
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating10 people
Absolutely Fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing. On the short list!! High 5 to you.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Wish I could pluck one of those lovely little shrimps right off the screen! They look so good! What a great recipe.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Mahvelous.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!