Coconut Lime ShrimpFrom pleclare 7 years ago
How to make it
- Use a fine grater or zester to remove and reserve zest of 1 lime. Juice all the limes(about 1/8c juice)
- Place shrimp in a large zip-lock bag. Add coconut milk and three -quarters of the lime juice,then seal the bag and gently shake to coat the shrimp. Refrigerate 15 mins.
- Meanwhile in food processor,combine the lime zest,salt and pepper. Pulse until the zest,salt and pepper are well blended. Transfer to small bowl and set aside
- In a small dry skillet over medium-low heat,lightly toast the coconut flakes. As soon as coconut begins to brown,remove pan from heat;set aside.
- Generously coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat medium-high. Alternately,set grill pan over med-high heat and coat with spray just before ready to cook.
- Remove shrimp from marinade,discarding marinade. Place the shrimp on grill or grill pan and cook 1-2 mins a side,or till exteriors are pink and center opaque white.
- While shrimp are still on the grill,drizzle them with remaining lime juice.
- Transfer shrimp to serving plates ,then lightly sprinkle them with the salt-lime zest mixture,,then with a bit of toasted coconut
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating7 people
Oh, yeah!!!! This will go over very nicely, thank you!!!!pat2me in Nashua loved it
I am going to try these, because I am still experimenting with shrimps.chriesi in Zuerich loved it
Yummy! Love these flavors together. Thanks for the post!grandmommy in Nashville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!