chocolate bar cakeFrom ahmed1 5 years ago
- 7 eggs shopping list
- 200g/ 1 ¾ cups caster sugar shopping list
- 150g/ 1 ¼ cups flour shopping list
- 50g/ ½ cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 50g/ 4 tbsp butter, melted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 200g/ 7 oz Plain chocolate shopping list
- 125g/ ½ cup butter shopping list
- 50g/ 4 tbsp icing sugar shopping list
- Decoration: shopping list
- 75g/ 10tbsp toasted flaked almonds, crushed lightly shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a deep 23cm/ 9inch square cake pan and line the base with baking parchment.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl for 10 minutes, until very light and foamy and the whisk leaves a trail when lifted.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder together and fold half into the mixture. Drizzle over the melted butter and fold in the rest of the flour and cocoa. Pour into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven 350F , for 30-35 minutes. Leave to cool in the pan
- Slightly and then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the filling, melt the butter and chocolate together, then remove from the heat and stir in the icing sugar, leave to cool, and then beat until thick enough to spread.
- Halve the cake lengthways and cut each half into 3 layers. Sandwich the layers with the three-quarters of the chocolate filling. Spread the remainder over the cake and mark a wavy pattern on the top. Press the almonds on the sides.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating17 people
Another stunner! Gorgeous. I would love to see this on Mother's Day. Of course, I'd have to be the baker. Very nice, Ahmed. Very nice, indeed.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Looks so good I tried to give you another 5...
Very elegant - for the serious chocolate fanatic.
jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Very elegant!chriesi in Zuerich loved it