Pasteli - Greek Sesame Seed CandyFrom lunasea 5 years ago
How to make it
- Put bakeware liner in a large shallow baking pan (1 inch deep). Remove bottom of springform pan and set aside. Oil inside of springform ring with vegetable oil and put ring, upside down, in center of bakeware liner.
- Bring honey, sesame seeds, and salt to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring, then boil undisturbed until mixture registers 280 to 290°F on thermometer, about 15 minutes.
- Holding ring in place, quickly pour mixture into ring, then cool on a rack until candy is set but still warm, about 40 minutes.
- Unmold by peeling ring with candy off bakeware liner. Transfer candy to a cutting board, then run a paring knife around edge of springform ring and lift ring off candy.
- Cut candy into 1-inch diamond-shaped or rectangular pieces with an oiled large knife.
- ** Candy keeps, layered between sheets of parchment or wax paper, in an airtight container in a cool dry place 1 week.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating14 people
vickie ive had this its different but tasty thanks sweetie ..........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
love sesame candy.. thank you a five in my bookpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
have the sesame seeds in the pantry!
Is a silpat a liner? Sorry to ask but remember I'm a beginner....Thanks for the post!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!