Concorde cakeFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- 135 gram (4.5 oz) icing sugar shopping list
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 5 egg whites shopping list
- 150 gram (5 0z) caster sugar shopping list
- Few drops vanilla essence shopping list
- 100 gram (3.5 oz) plain chocolate, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 60 gram (2 oz) butter shopping list
- 60 gram (2 oz) sugar shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 225F,110C and butter two large baking trays, cover with baking parchment and draw a 23 cm round on one of them.
- Meringue base:
- Sift together the icing sugar and the cocoa powder. Beat the egg whites with a whisk or electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the caster sugar and then continue beating until stiff peaks form and the meringue is glossy and smooth. Fold in the icing sugar, cocoa and vanilla with a metal spoon.
- Fit a piping bag with the large plain tube and fill with the meringue. Pipe the meringue over the prepared round on the baking tray, starting in the centre and working outwards in a spiral.
- Fit another piping bag with the Medium plain tube and fill with the remaining meringue. Pipe long thin scrips on the second baking sheet, leaving about 2.5 cm (1 inch) in between each. Bake for at least 2 hours, until the meringue is crisp and thoroughly dry. Cool and carefully peel off the paper.
- Chocolate mousse:
- Bring 5-7.5 cm (2-3 inches) of water to simmering point in a saucepan. Combine the chocolate, butter and 45 ml (3 tbsp) of the sugar in a heatproof bowl and set it over the simmering water Leave to stand, without stirring, until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the egg yolks with a spoon. Beat the egg whites with a whisk or electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in the remaining sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form and the meringue is glossy and smooth. Whisk about one-third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Gently fold this into the remaining egg whites with a metal spoon.
- Spread the moussse over the meringue round with a spatula . Carefully cut the meringue strips into 2.5 cm (1 inch) lengths with a serrated knife and use them to decorate the top and sides of the cake. Sift icing sugar over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 25
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating19 people
What a beautiful picture and a decadent sounding cake. Great post. You ahve my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Oh my goodness..that truly is a work of scrumptious art!!! Bravo, Ahmed, bravo!!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
*wink*pink in USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!