Fried PotatoesFrom blueeyes68ky 5 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and slice potatoes. Peel and slice onion. Wash potato and onion.
- Put skillet on medium heat and add oil.
- Add potatoes along with the onion, add salt and pepper to taste.
- I usually turn heat down a little more so they don't fry fast.
- Let fry and turn often until the potatoes and onion are tender.
- This makes a slight brown soft potato.
- If you want them more brown take the lid off and cook a little longer. You may have to adjust the heat a little higher for this.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating13 people
I grew up with these, my Grandmother made them all of the time and I loved them!! Thanks for posting an old childhood favorite! ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
I grew up on these, with a big pot of beans and corn bread with some kind of meat.My grandmothr would somtimes add a 1/2 cup of evaporated milk when the potatoes were done and let simmer for about 15 minutes. It was her way of changing the fried pota...morebluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This is what my mother always called "raw fries" - I agree with saltymike...potatoes are just plain great this way! Thanks for the post, blueeyes!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it