Chicken Salad With BaconFrom marky90 5 years ago
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken shopping list
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled ( adds great taste!) shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 can (8oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 3/4 cup Hellman's or Best mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh or dried shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely minced green onions shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or cumin..you choice shopping list
- Dash worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- Slices of ripe avocado shopping list
- green grapes shopping list
- boston lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first chicken, bacon, water chestnuts and celery and in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients to make the dressing. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Combine dressing with chicken mixture, using as much or as little as necessary to moisten as desired.
- You may add a little more mayonnaise if you like a creamier salad. Chill and stir again before serving.
- Serve on your favorite bread, with avocado.
- Or on lettuce leaves, with green grapes.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating8 people
There's always so many recipes for chicken salad,but this one really sounds so good & different. I wonder if turkey bacon would work?
Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Oh Yeah!! LOVE it!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I have to say thank you, thank you and thank you. I once had a chicken salad that had bacon in it and I never could find one that was close to it. This is it I think. Yay!
It is super yummy and the only way to have chicken salad in my opin...morejencathen in loved it