Chicken Salad With BaconFrom marky90 7 years ago
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken shopping list
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled ( adds great taste!) shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 can (8oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 3/4 cup Hellman's or Best mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh or dried shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely minced green onions shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or cumin..you choice shopping list
- Dash worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- Slices of ripe avocado shopping list
- green grapes shopping list
- boston lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first chicken, bacon, water chestnuts and celery and in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients to make the dressing. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Combine dressing with chicken mixture, using as much or as little as necessary to moisten as desired.
- You may add a little more mayonnaise if you like a creamier salad. Chill and stir again before serving.
- Serve on your favorite bread, with avocado.
- Or on lettuce leaves, with green grapes.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating8 people
There's always so many recipes for chicken salad,but this one really sounds so good & different. I wonder if turkey bacon would work?
Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Oh Yeah!! LOVE it!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I have to say thank you, thank you and thank you. I once had a chicken salad that had bacon in it and I never could find one that was close to it. This is it I think. Yay!
It is super yummy and the only way to have chicken salad in my opin...morejencathen in loved it