Enchilada SauceFrom vikirose13 8 years ago
- 6 dried chiles (3 Ancho , 3 Anaheim) shopping list
- garlic, 2 cloves, chopped fine shopping list
- flour, 3-4 TBS shopping list
- chicken broth, 3-4 cups shopping list
- cinnamon, 1 tsp. shopping list
- cumin, 2 tsp. shopping list
- oregano, 3 tsp. shopping list
- Powdered cocoa, 1-2 TBS shopping list
- 1 TBS granulated sugar shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Soak chiles in hot water for 30 minutes to soften.
- Cut open chiles and remove stem, veins and seeds.
- Use gloves to do this.
- Blend or food process the cleaned chiles with a little of the water.
- It should be paste-like.
- Fry garlic in olive oil until just starting to color.
- Add flour to make a roux, cooking a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually add chicken broth, making a gravy consistency.
- Add chile paste, spices and cocoa.
- Cover and simmer 2 hours
- Best if prepared 24 hours ahead of use.
The Cookvikirose13 Habo Sweden, SE
The Rating8 people
Thank you for posting this sauce recipe! I have been looking for a good authentic enchilada sauce since some friends asked me to find one for them.(I'm not that familiar with Mexican cuisine) I have now finished my quest! Thank you.-Rayshine in Rainier loved it
I've always wanted to make my own enchilada sauce & this recipe sounds great! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
Thank you for posting this recipe if your going to make a great Enchilada you need a great Enchilada sauce and this is a great one
Michaeltrigger in loved it