Pasta with Olives and TunaFrom noir 7 years ago
- 1 pound spaghetti or other pasta shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 2 anchovies, minced (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 2 6 ounce cans of tuna packed in oil, lightly drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped kalamata olives shopping list
- 1 tablespoon capers shopping list
- 1 tomato chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 4 quarts of well-salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain thoroughly, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Set the pasta aside in a warm place.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add the onion and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until the onion is softened. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and anchovies and cook for another minute. Add about 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the parsley and tomato paste and stir to dissolve the tomato paste. Add another 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Cover and simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to develop, adding more pasta cooking water if it becomes too dry.
- Remove the tuna from the can and break apart into bite-sized pieces. Add the tuna, olives, and capers to the sauce along with the pasta and enough of the pasta cooking water to allow the sauce to coat the noodles but without being too watery. Stir to reheat the pasta and coat it evenly in the sauce. Season with salt if necessary. Serve garnished with additional chopped parsley or cut tomatoes.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating12 people
What a great looking dish! Thanks for sharing!pat2me in Nashua loved it
I know how this tastes! great !midgelet in Eastern loved it
Perfect!mrspotatohead in Minneapolis loved it