Holiday Samoas - like the Girl Scout CookieFrom henrie 6 years ago
How to make it
- -Place each shortbread cookie in cup of a greased
- muffin tin.
- -In 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, combine
- butter, sugar and corn syrup. Heat to a full boil,
- stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Boil 3
- minutes, stirring constantly.
- -Slowly pour in sweetened condensed milk, stirring
- -Continue cooking over low heat until candy
- thermometer reaches 220-
- 228 degrees. Remove from heat.
- -Stir in vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- -Immediately stir in toasted coconut and mix well.
- -Spoon mixture by teaspoonfuls over shortbread cookies.
- -Cool completely.
- -Remove cooled cookies from muffin tin onto waxed paper.
- -Melt chocolate chips and drizzle thinly in stripes over cookies and let chocolate harden at room temperature
- -Store in airtight container.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating17 people
oh yeah...you got me and my five, along with a request for five cookies henri - great post!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
I love these!!!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
Samoas never last long at my house. Now I don't have to wait for March!!!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it