Apple Oatmeal Coffee CakeFrom toleliz 7 years ago
- 1 cup flour (all purpose or whole wheat or half/half) shopping list
- ¾ tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar (even less if you don't like it too sweet) shopping list
- 1 cup rolled oats shopping list
- ½ cup cooking oil (you could use a bit less if you like) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped (about ¾ cup more or less) shopping list
- ¼ cup orange juice shopping list
- ¼ cup raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8”x8” pan or similar (I use a 6.5”x10”-I think that it is a brownie pan).
- Put the raisins into small bowl and pour the orange juice over it and let them plump a bit while you peel and chop the apple.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add the chopped apples and toss around so that they get coated with flour. Measure the oil into a cup and add the egg and vanilla and mix a bit with a fork then add it all at once to the dry mixture. Fold together till mixed and then add the raisins and orange juice. The mixture will be fairly thick. Put it into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes; it should be a nice colour and a tester will come out clean. Let it cool for a bit and serve. This is great at room temperature and also served slightly warm.
- *Just a note on the oil-use a good cooking oil like vegetable or canola or corn oil-not olive oil*
The Cooktoleliz Burlington, Canada
The Rating12 people
I love cakes with oatmeal. Thanks Liz. Great post!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Sounds perfect. I love anything with oatmeal and the fact that it is quick and easy makes it even better.debwin in Toronto loved it
I don't know what else to say because I agree with Auntybea and Debwin ;) Thanks for a great 5 recipe.mishi in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!