Scalloped PotatoesFrom godiva 7 years ago
- 6-8 large potatoes, peeled and sliced thin shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rings shopping list
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup of milk shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a medium sized sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, salt and pepper and saute. Remove from heat and whisk in the flour until a smooth paste is formed. Then add milk and continue to cook until the mixture is thick and bubbling gently.
- In a greased (use shortening or lard) oven dish layer half the potatoes, with half of the onion rings and top with half of the sauce mixture. Layer the rest of the potatoes and onions and add the rest of the sauce.
- Bake at 375F covered for 45 minutes, then remove cover and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
- Note: It seems like a lot of onion but it really works with this dish. I usually sprinkle some parsley on top just to add colour.
The Cookgodiva St Thomas, CA
The Rating12 people
I made this with white and sweet potatoes. Absolutely delicious. THXdandelion in Ashland loved it
Oh mamma!redkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it
This sounds great! I love scalloped potatoes but never thought it would be this easy to make from scratch! Bookmarked this recipe!cgendy in Manalapan loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!