Indian ChickenFrom shine 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter shopping list
- 2 large onions, sliced shopping list
- 4 carrots, sliced in coins shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/2" piece of ginger, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon curry powder shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or light/thin soy sauce(lower sodium) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno seeded, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 6 chicken breast halves or thighs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers, but not smokes
- Sauté the curry powder, onions and carrots for 4 minutes
- Add garlic and. Ginger, Cook for 5 minutes more
- Add the soy sauce, honey, orange juice, water, jalapeno, and raisins. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in yogurt.
- Coat a 2-1/2 to 3 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray. Arrange the chicken into the dish. Pour the sauce over the chicken, cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake 15 more minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over basmati rice or couscous. *note from Ray -- I like to serve this with a cucumber raijta, and a sweet-savory chutney on top of the raijta (tamarind-date chutney works well) Also, hold off tweaking this until you've tried it once!
The Cookshine Rainier, WA
The Rating11 people
thanks sounds delicousmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Thanks this sounds so good I love Indian foods so good ans spicy got my 5.
Have a really great day!!!!
Silversilverqueen in Albany loved it
Mmmmmmmmmmmm this sounds heavenly and i like all the flavors and the peach chutney wow!!!! all good yum........thanks tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it