Hazelnut chocolate mousse cakeFrom ahmed1 4 years ago
- 1 20cm chocolate cake layer (I used butter chocolate cake) shopping list
- 1 ¾ cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 tbsp powder sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp gelatin powder shopping list
- 1 ½ tbsp cold water shopping list
- 1 cup chocolate ganache (recipe follows) shopping list
- 1 ½ cup hazelnuts, ground shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 6 oz plain chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- chocolate ganache: shopping list
- 7 oz plain chocolate, chopped shopping list
- ¾ cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- Heat cream over medium heat until simmering point, pour over chopped chocolate and stir until melted. Add the butter and stir again. Leave to cool completely stirring occasionally. shopping list
How to make it
- Place the cake layer in a 20 cm loosed bottom cake ring on your serving dish. Spread 2 tbsp of the chocolate ganache over the cake layer and set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a heat proof bowl and set aside to soften (5minutes).
- Transfer the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until all gelatin dissolve. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whip heavy cream with the powder sugar until soft peaks form, add the cooled gelatin and whip again. Fold in the chocolate ganache gradually mixing it carefully from top to bottom. Fold in the ground nuts and then spoon mixture over the cake layer and smooth the top. Chill for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Heat cream until simmering point and pour over the chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Let cool completely and then pour over the top of the chilled cake.
- I used a white chocolate ganache mixture to make decorative look while the glaze is still runny.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating18 people
Another fantastic post, Ahmed...Love the flavors...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Awesome! I have not tried this but it looks like it will taste heavenly! Your pictures are fantastic as always.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Ahmed another great post-fantastic step by step photos and clear instructions. This would make a beautiful special occaision cake.
toleliz in Burlington loved it