E And H Cafe Bbq SandwichesFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I use a mix of half ground chuck and half ground sirloin) shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup Heinz ketchup (no other ketchup seems to give the same flavor, so if you can get Heinz, I would highly recommend it) shopping list
- ¼ cup water shopping list
- 2 large stalks celery, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper, to your taste shopping list
- few shots of Tabasco (to your taste) shopping list
- For serving (optional): shopping list
- dill pickle slices shopping list
- Raw onion slices shopping list
- Velveeta cheese slices shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion; drain any fat from pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
- Simmer gently for about 1 hour, until juices have begun to evaporate and mixture thickens some.
- Serve hot on soft hamburger buns, with a slice of dill pickle and a slice of onion (optional).
- Some people like a slice of Velvetta cheese, too!
- NOTE: I usually double or triple the recipe so that I can freeze some for later. If you wish to do so, simmer the amount that you want to freeze for only 15 minutes. When you are ready to thaw and use the frozen bbq, complete the simmering and thickening process at that time.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
Krum first I would like to say I am sorry for your losses.
Thank you for sharing your story and the wonderful recipe.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
What a great recipe, Krum - and I also give my condolences...thanks so much for sharing. Will definitely make this, can tell it's delicious. Standing the test of time is a sure-fire way to tell! Thanks again...
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Thank you for this recipe, but more than that, thank you for sharing your memory of this recipe....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it