Nougat Chocolate CakeFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- 1 20cm chocolate cake. shopping list
- Nougat filling: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream or crème fresh shopping list
- 5 egg whites shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 3 tbsp for the white shopping list
- 4 Tbsp water shopping list
- 4 Tbsp honey or maple syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts shopping list
- 3/4 cup candied cherries or fresh red cherries, chopped. shopping list
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce shopping list
- chocolate glaze: shopping list
- 7 oz plain chocolate, chopped shopping list
- ¾ cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Split chocolate cake in half and place the bottom half in a cake ring into your serving platter. Spread half of the caramel sauce over the top and set aside.
- Nougat filling:
- Beat the cream to stiff peaks and refrigerate. Beat the whites until frothy. Add the cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks forms, then sprinkle over the 3 tablespoons of sugar and continue beating to a stiff, glossy meringue. Set aside with electric beaters at the ready.
- Bring the remaining 1/2 cup/110 g of sugar to a boil with the water. Let it boil until the syrup forms a ball when thrown in cold water, 4 minutes (250°F/120°C/firm-ball stage on a candy thermometer). Now add the honey and bring back to the boil. Run towards the egg whites...
- With the electric beaters running in the whites, slowly pour the syrup in a stream straight into the beaters or down the side of the bowl for the beaters to pick up. Continue beating until the meringue has cooled, which you can tell by feeling the bottom of the bowl. It will take 10 minutes.
- Scatter the fruits and nuts over the meringues. Dump the whipped cream on top, and fold everything together gently until evenly mixed. Spoon mixture over the split cake and smooth the top. Chill for 3 hours.
- Release the cake ring and drizzle the rest of the caramel sauce over the top. Chill again while you make the chocolate glaze.
- Make the chocolate glaze:
- Heat the cream to a simmering point and pour over the chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Once cooled completely, pour over the cake keeping 3-4 tbsp aside. Chill cake for 30 minutes and then drizzle the rest of the chocolate glaze with a tbsp over the top creating a decorative pattern.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating15 people
you have come up with another great recipe my friend... thank you .. i can't wait to try itpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
wonderful-love itmidgelet in Eastern loved it
LOVE IT!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!