Chilled Minted English Pea SoupFrom luisascatering 6 years ago
- 2 large shallots, sliced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1½ cups English peas, shelled shopping list
- kosher salt & white pepper to taste shopping list
- 1½ cups homemade chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves, finely chopped shopping list
- about ¼ cup crème fraiche shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the onion in the butter until soft and translucent. Add the peas and the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer and cook until peas are tender - about 5 minutes.
- Place this mixture in a blender and puree until smooth. Put in a bowl and add the cream. Season with salt, pepper, and stir in the mint. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- After the soup has been chilled, run it through a sieve, pressing through small bits of mint (important note: do not skip this part! you'll wind up with a grainy texture; the goal is silky smooth texture). At this point, the soup may be very thick. If it is too thick, add milk ¼ cup at a time until it is the desired consistency.
- Serve in demitasse cups for a small starter, or shallow bowls for something a little more substantial. Garnish with a dollop of crème fraiche.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating7 people
What a great recipe! I love the martini glass idea. And I cant stay away from mint... Another keeper.... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
I don't know how I missed this one! Such a great presentation, too!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
beautiful recipe!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it