Jell-o Graham Cracker CakeFrom madmommy 8 years ago
How to make it
- Since you can do this anyway YOU want, this is just how we have always done it.
- Combine JellO and Applesauce - general rule is 1 C applesauce to 1 box dry JellO - use as many or as few flavors as you like; we usually do a red and a green color.
- Prepare vanilla pudding according to box instructions.
- Lay down a base of graham crackers.
- Spread a layer of applesauce mixture down.
- Put down another layer of graham crackers - this time changing the direction you lay them. Doing this with each layer of crackers helps keep the cake stable.
- Next a layer of vanilla pudding.
- Then another layer of graham crackers.
- Keep layering like this, ending with a layer of graham crackers on top.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- "Frost" with Cool Whip.
- We've always made this in advance so that the graham crackers got nice and soft. It made the flavors amazing together and makes for easier cutting too!
- ***To make it low-cal/diabetic friendly:
- Simply substitute all ingredients as sugar free or light!!
The Cookmadmommy Wayne, PA
The Rating16 people
thanks, sounds really yummy, it´s 1 cup of applesauce, for 1 box, that´s all? no water?magali777 in Mexico loved it
Great post, cant wait to make this. Gets 5 forks. Lucycardinal54 in Cuthbert loved it
I love that this looks so pretty and like you took a lot of time, but your recipe makes it sound simple and pantry-friendly. Great idea; thanks for sharing! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!