HOMEMADE ITALIAN SAUSAGEFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 5 pounds pork shoulder (have butcher grind) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoon fennel seeds(I grind in old coffee grinder) shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian flat leafed parsley shopping list
- 2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes. (Leave out for sweet sausage) shopping list
How to make it
- Have butcher grind a mix of 80 percent lean to 20 percent fat. I like it a little leaner, but if you go to lean it does not taste as good.
- Mix all in a HUGE bowl. That's it!
- Package to freeze your sausage. It will keep in frig for about 5 days. It is best if you let it sit over night for the flavors to mellow before cooking.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating5 people
I am so happy to find this recipe I gave you a 5. I make my own pizza & sometimes I run out of hot sausage. With this recipe, so easy, I will never run out again. Bless you !!You made my day. I am elated!!!cherihannah in Shickshinny loved it
Oh Im trying this one,great post and a high 5 to you my friend:)caramia in loved it
this is a great recipie as hunters we process lots of our own vension and i know we could use this for loose meat or in casings im so glad i ran across this !! thanks bunches!!my4kids in Conesus loved it