Dulce De Leche - CajetaFrom magali777 6 years ago
- CAJETA shopping list
- 8 cups whole milk shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup of water shopping list
- DULCE DE LECHE shopping list
- 1 can condensed milk shopping list
- water to cover the can in both ways pressure cooker or heavy -bottomed saucepan. shopping list
How to make it
- The cajeta is a little bit different from the Dulce de Leche, here are the two procedures::
- Put the baking soda in the water and let it stand.
- In large heavy-bottomed saucepan put milk and sugar letting them boil under low heat, moving the mixture all the time.
- After it has boiled for a few minutes, start pouring the water with the baking soda, little by little.
- Cook, stirring until thikened ( you´ll know when is ready, as you can see the bottom of the saucepan.
- *you can add 50 grs. ground almonds, just adding them with the milk and sugar.
- DULCE DE LECHE
- *the can in all cases has to be closed during procedures, after done wait til it has lowered the temperature to open the can.
- You can make dulce de leche putting a can of condensed milk in the pressure cooker. covered with water, cook for 1 hr.
- or in a heavy-bottomed saucepan full of water cook for 1 hr (taking time when water starts boiling)
- Or in the oven (á bain Marie) you put a round cake pan filled 3/4 of its capacity with water and put the can inside, then bake for 1 hr 15 minutes.
- If you have any doubt please feel free to ask.
- Hope you like it
The Cookmagali777 Mexico, MX
The Rating14 people
Magali, Tomorrow morning I will wake up and whip up some crepes to make with your cajeta recipe! I will also post them here! I LOVE CAJETA! I was so addicted to it, that this was the only dessert I had every day in my 3 weeks long holiday in Mexico t...moreelgab89 in Toronto loved it
Sounds and looks yummy! Thanks, Magali!pat2me in Nashua loved it
O.K. I am hooked Magali this is beyond beautiful and I am sure it taste just as good as it looks. You are a terrific pastry chef.
Michaeltrigger in loved it