Lanas Country Fried Steak N GravyFrom lanacountry 5 years ago
- Lanas Country Fried steak n gravy shopping list
- ===================================================== shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs cubed steak shopping list
- 1 cup flour (ABOUT) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- fresh pepper, ground shopping list
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease (optional, but adds great taste) shopping list
- Extra oil as needed to have about 1/4" deep in the pan. shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow, wide bowl
- Dredge each piece of meat in it, coating well on both sides.
- Heat grease or oil until hot but not smoking in a heavy, wide skillet with a lid. (A well 'seasoned' iron skillet is superior!!:))
- Brown the meat pieces on both sides, turn heat down a bit, cover and let steak fry like
- chicken for 15 to 20 minutes, until done. Remove cover and let steak crisp for about 5 minutes.
- Take steak from the pan and drain well.
- Leave about 3 Tbsp of drippings and all the browned flecks of crust in the pan.
- Turn the heat a bit lower, sprinkle flour into the drippings and stir to keep from lumping while it browns.
- Slowly add half and half, stirring. Then the milk (same)
- Let it cook until thick, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Taste and add seasoning as needed.
- Return the steaks to the gravy and cook an additional 5 mins or so.
- (My husband likes his gravy and meat separate, so I leave some out :)
- Serve with mashed potatoes, or rice. maybe some green beans or peas, dinner rolls and a fruit salad.
People Who Like This Dish 29
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating10 people
I don't know how to cook southern food even though I live in the south, but this looks exactly like my husband or his mother made it!
My husband just peaked over my shoulder and said that he is going to go to the store and shop for the ingredie...morepinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Definately comfort food.....Wish I had some now..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
We love country fried steak and cream gravy, and this is just the way I make it. Love that iron skillet for fryin' this steak! This is absolutely delicious, and a favorite! Glad you posted this, Lana. Perfect instructions too!! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!