Scalloped CauliflowerFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1 stick butter,divided-- 3T melted shopping list
- 1 cup crushed cereal(rice crispies, corn flakes, rice or corn squares, etc) shopping list
- 1/2t paprika shopping list
- 4 cups cauliflower chopped and cooked in water til just tender (about 10 minutes) shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup chicken or veggie stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 2T roasted red pepper, chopped(or sub chopped pimento) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine melted butter with crushed cereal, and a dash of salt and pepper, set aside
- In large saucepan, melt remaining butter and saute onions and garlic until tender.
- Add flour and stir constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Add stock, salt, pepper and paprika and stir to combine until smooth.
- Add half and half and stir just to combine.
- Stir in roasted red pepper and cauliflower.
- Pour into 9X13(or slightly smaller) casserole dish and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until thickened and heated through.
- **You can make this even yummier...and even less healthy by adding shredded cheese with the cauliflower addition, just before baking. :)**
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating8 people
This was great! This will be made a lot at our house. You totally got my 5, everyone LOVED it!!!chelsea516 in Charlotte loved it
Delicious, This is good stuff! Like I said, "I wanna eat at your house!"marky90 in Dearborn loved it
We loved this one....used half the onion called for in the recipe and topped with french fried onions and club house crackers since I had none of the above cereals. Also added shredded cheddar as per Keni's suggestion. I cant wait for leftovers toni...moreslj6lori in Succasunna loved it