Spicy Sausage Cheese ChowderFrom whodunitrdr 5 years ago
- 1/2 pound pork sausage shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic; crushed shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups onion; chopped shopping list
- 1 cup celery; chopped shopping list
- 1 cup carrot; diced shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups potato; peeled and diced shopping list
- 4 ounces canned mild green chiles shopping list
- 14 1/2 ounces canned chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce; or to taste shopping list
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese; coarsely grated shopping list
How to make it
- Brown sausage in a large kettle, drain off excess fat.
- Add garlic, onions and celery, cook until wilted.
- Add carrots, potatoes, chilies, broth, 1 c. water and dry spices.
- Simmer for 25 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add Tabasco and milk, heat until steaming.
- Mix flour and 1/2 c. water until smooth, then add to soup and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes to blend flavors, do not boil.
- Makes 2 1/2 quarts, enough to feed 6 to 8 persons.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookwhodunitrdr Bellingham, WA
The Rating5 people
Yum. Yum. Yum. Lookin' forward to soup season! ;) Thanks for adding this, doc!keni in Sweet Home loved it
Good afternoon, I just love the ingredients in your soup. You have my 5. Have a wonderful day... Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
Ok....making this one tomorrow! I saw that you suggested it to Griffo in the "exchange" and I launched over here to check it out....sounds really great.slj6lori in Succasunna loved it