Candy Cane RollsFrom michellem 6 years ago
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 3/4 cup warm milk shopping list
- 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 31/4 to 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup red candied cherries, quartered shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add warm milk, sugar, shortening, salt, egg and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth.
- Stir in cherries.
- Add enough o the remaining flour to fomr a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board;kneas until smooth and elastic, about 6 min.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide in half.
- Roll each half into a 12. in. X 7 in. rectangle.
- Cut twelve 1 inch stirps from each rectangle.
- Twist each strip and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets, shaping one end like a cane.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 min.
- Bake at 375* for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completley. Combine confetioners sugar and milk frost rolls.
- Yield: 2 dozen
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating8 people
Great post girl!
Debbie~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Saved this for Xmas! Can't wait!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
I like recipes like this. Thanks!fluffy24 in Cranston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!