Hot Dog OnionsFrom lilliancooks 4 years ago
- 2 Tbls. corn oil shopping list
- 1 large onion - minced shopping list
- 2 Tbls. tomato paste shopping list
- salt - to taste shopping list
- pepper- pinch shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 Tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tsp. hot pepper sauce (Frank's) shopping list
- cayenne pepper - pinch shopping list
- 1 Tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 Tsp. yellow mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a med. size skillet on med/high heat.
- Add onions and cook til onions are very limp and all fluid is evaporated.
- Add all the seasonings and simmer uncovered for a few minutes.
- Add tomato paste and water.
- Simmer uncovered again til it reduces in half.
- Serve ontop of hot dogs.
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cooklilliancooks Long Island, NY
The Rating10 people
sounds yummy!midgelet in Eastern loved it
These were awesome!!! I don't think I can make another hot dog w/o them. My husband who rarely eats onion loved them as well! YUUUUMMMM!!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
I just counted six, yes, six packages of hotdogs in my freezer. I better make this to assist in the hot dog consumption in the house....or open a pushcart on the weekends. Thanks for the great recipe. I have 12 lbs of onions too. A match made in ...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it