Easy Shrimp In Creamy Basil SauceFrom 5thsister 7 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- 1 lb. frozen shrimp, thawed, shelled and deveined shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper shopping list
- 3 cloves (or more if you like) minced garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups half and half shopping list
- 2 tomatoes coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 1 lb. your favorite pasta, prepared al-dente shopping list
- basil leaves for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions for al-dente.
- Meanwhile, in large non stick pan melt 2 tbsp. butter over medium-high heat.
- When butter is sizzling, add the shrimp, sauteeing until almost done. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add the rest of the butter to the pan, along with garlic.
- When melted, add flour, salt and pepper forming a roux.
- Add 1 1/2 cups half and half stirring constantly. If sauce becomes too thick, you may add an additional 1/2 cup half and half
- When thickened to desired consistancy, stir in tomatoes and basil.
- Return shrimp to pan and allow to finish cooking (another 2-3 minutes)
- Serve over warm pasta and garnish with basil leaves.
- Eat and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cook5thsister Huntersville, NC
The Rating11 people
Great recipe! FIVER! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Thank-you for sharing this "5"FORK!!!!! recipe!
You just can't go wrong with 1/2&1/2, Shrimp and Basil! I just think I will make this tonight for supper...
~*~ mjcmcook ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
I made this today, and it was fantastic. I mentioned to you that I make a basil cream sauce, too, but I wanted to make yours without any of "my" personal influence and rate it and review it...and it was great. :) Similar enough to mine that others ...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!